Finally, the spring weather has decided to show its face in Toronto, YAY 🌻🌷!! You would think 24 years of being a Canadian you would be use the the dragged on gloomy winters we have, but I just can’t! So the beaming sunshine had me up and at it bright and early.
I spent my morning preparing for the Toronto Raptors first play off game.. Wooo! I had prepped a to go bottle of my favourite vodka concoction (will share my recipe at the beginning of the summer for you sun worshippers☀️🍹) and headed out to Maple Leaf Sqaure – which gets transformed into Jurrasic Park for all fans to watch on the big screen!
After all that sun and drinking – their loss may have had a factor, but I went home for a big nap to recharge for the evening. An evening which included tacos but even more exciting this idea I had conjoured up for ‘THE ULTIMATE DESSERT’
Rejuvenated and ready to take on more of the day I went out for some groceries. As always, I found myself in Bulk Barn – my favourite store (aside from Dollarama), started stirring up ideas for tonight’s dessert and just wanted everything!
I grabbed the necessities for my chocolate chip cookies and brownies mix from scratch – my “go to’s” with a big glass of milk mmm.. (recipes including in this blog 👌🏼) and my favourites – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Double Stuffed Oreos!
[This will not be one of my healthiest posts😁🙈]
Ps. While I paced this isles of bulk barn, I took a look at their teas on sale and pick up ginger turmeric green tea. Ginger tea has amazing benefits for your organs and eliminating toxins in your body! I definitely recommend it to anyone with respiratory issues or beginning their health kick to a fit life ☕️💪🏼
Let’s get back on track to this devilish dessert – that I’m still waiting to come out of the oven! Below I have listed the needed ingredients and step by step instructions on how to replicate one for yourself, well hopefully you’ll be sharing! 🙋🏼
The Ultimate Dessert
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
- 20 cups
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Hot Chocolate fudge
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil. Coat generously with nonstick cooking spray.
For the Cookie Dough
1. Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. For the Brownie Mix
2. Mix sugar, cocoa, eggs and vanilla; gradually add flour and salt. When that is mixed, blend in butter.
3. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of prepared pan. Top with a layer of Reese’s Cups and Oreos. Mix together brownie mix according to directions, adding an optional ¼ cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled. Top with ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce, Enjoy!!!
You can place the pan in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
Feel free to use store-bought cookie dough and brownie mix to make this even easier!
(This is a before picture to show the layers. I did spread the brownie mix out evenly with a spatula)
Well my creation is about ready to come out of the oven! Let me know if you give it a try or make up your own variation of an ultimate dessert!
(Update: THIS WAS PERFECTION)
Till next time,